Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Let the chaos begin

Time to go home!!! Part of me was excited and part of me was a little sad. I was ready to get home, see my children, sleep in my own bed, and begin our life as a family of five. But part of me was sad too. While we were in the hospital, we were somewhat living in a bubble. Its hard to explain, but being in the hospital room with your husband and your new baby, you get to block the rest of the world out.  Now with this being the third child, we couldn't block everything out, ie we still made sure we saw the other two kids, and made sure they were doing good etc but we got to block the small stuff out. Like the dishes or the laundry or cleaning, pretty much the not fun parts of life, and just enjoy our baby. Waylon and I also got to talk to each other, something that is not so easily done all the time. We pretty much solved all the world problems :) While Morgan will still in my belly, I was a little terrified of what life would be like with three kids. How would we get it all done, would they gang up on us, was it possible to spread love to one more child, did I remember exactly what to do with a baby?? After she was born, and during these bubble days in the hospital I came to realize that we would be just fine. That I did have more then enough love to spread to each child, that life would be chaotic but we would be able to handle it, and what exactly you are supposed to do with a baby all came rushing back with that first hunger cry. Waylon and I make a pretty good team. We also have amazing support and help from family and friends around us. Life just got a little more chaotic but I wouldn't change it one bit!
 
Little Miss in her going home outfit
 
Apparently we were boring her.


 
 


 
Once we got home, Waylon headed off to basketball practice with Madison and my parents came over with Landon and dinner. It was loud, and crazy and perfect. It was very clear our peaceful bubble was gone, but we were ready and somewhat prepared for our chaotic life ahead! 

1 comment:

  1. The hospital bubble is one of my pros on the "have another baby list". Nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete