Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 5, 2014

The day I thought would NEVER come. December 5, 2014. I have had 2 children and therefore two previous pregnancies which both had their moments where I was miserable. And I know I did my fair share of complaining during these pregnancies, but number three takes the cake! OMG. The pregnancy felt like the longest 9 months of my life (I am sure Waylon and a few close friends would agree). Everything was tough, and miserable, and exhausting, and I KNOW I did more then my share of complaining, so to say I was on countdown until December 5 was the truth! We actually made Madison a countdown calendar for Baby Morgan starting in October. She loved it, I hated it. It was a brutal reminder of exactly how many days I had left.  But everyday Madison would fly out of bed and run to her calendar and mark off the days. That was priceless. So we waited, and waited, and waited. I begged the doctor to change my date and tried every excuse of why she should let me have the baby early, nothing worked. So December 5, 2014 was the day.  The C-section was scheduled for 11am. Side note: on Tuesday of this week I found out that my doctor had broken her arm and would no longer be able to do the surgery. To say I was freaking out about this is an understatement. I love my doctor. Heck I would marry her if I could. So when I called her (she gave me her direct number, bad idea) freaking out she said, as soon as I fell off that horse I immediately thought of you. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. Anyway, she promised she would be in the OR assisting. So this helped ease my mind. So, back to the day of the surgery. We woke up at a fairly normal time, Waylon took Landon to Lisa's and I took Maddy to my mom's. She wanted to be at the hospital when Morgan was born.

After dropping them off, Waylon and I loaded up in the minivan (oh I should have added that to the list of things we have done in the last 9 months, I sold my sole and got a minivan) and we headed to the hospital. We checked in, put on the lovely hospital gown and waited. Our nurse was awesome, which actually made the time go much faster. Also, the crazy lady that came in after us provided us with great humor. Lets just say, she came out of the bathroom, stood at the end of my bed with her gown on backwards. The look on Waylon's face was priceless. Wish I could have gotten a picture of that!
 
A little hospital selfie

Once in the OR, Waylon was awesome! The first two times were a little rough, but this time he had it down. He was very supportive and talkative and did not look like he wanted to puke. I do remember laying there thinking he did have a few more wrinkles around his eyes, and I am pretty sure I told him that as well. Bet he appreciated that! Then at 11:31am, we heard the most beautiful sound in the world, crying. (today, not sure how beautiful that sound is, but at that moment it brought tears to both of our eyes.) The doctor made a comment that she looked like the smallest child I had given birth too. WRONG!! Our wonderful bundle of joy weighed in at 9lbs and 10oz and 20 inches long. No wonder I was so miserable!!! But she was perfect, every last oz of her was perfect! Morgan and Waylon headed up to the nursery to get checked out and meet her big sister who was waiting anxiously. Then I was left there with my thoughts. I had 3 children. Three wonderful, healthy, beautiful, amazing children. And I knew that the next 45 min would probably be the most peaceful, quiet 45 minutes for about the next 18 years. So I decided to soak it all in. I was now a mom of three and I had never been more happy. 

1 comment: