Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas Eve

For the past several years I have hosted Christmas Eve. We have dinner and exchange gifts. For many years we have exchanged gifts from the dollar store and for the past few years we have drawn names and your gift had to come from the Cracker Barrel. You would be AMAZED at what you can find at the Cracker Barrel, they actually have some fun, useful and not so useful stuff. This year I volunteered my house and that was about it! Luckily my parents offered to make stew and bring it over. For this, I was THANKFUL. I wasn't prepared for such a rough recovery and the thought of cooking dinner at that point seemed impossible. Throw in a sick kid, and I was exhausted.
 
Madison loves when her and Morgan match. (as do I, I have waited a long time to have 2 girls to dress alike.) Look how proud big sister is!

She loves her so much.
 
And in comes the comedian. This little boy loves to make everyone laugh. And clearly refuses to take a picture with out something obnoxious on. Again, taking pictures of 3 children, near impossible! 
 
But he sure is happy.

 
As Landon would say, "little sissy"
 
And "big sissy"
 

 
I drew Landon's name he got a dinosaur train 
 
And a gun-sword (this is what he immediately called it) It can be a gun or a sword, lights up, and makes a really annoying noise. I should have thought this through. But he loves it, so I will just have to hide it on occasion for my sanity. 
Madison got some walkie talkies and stuffed pig that walks and makes annoying pig noises. Apparently, annoying noises are Cracker Barrel specialties.


 
Not sure this is a hat ....


 
Icing cookies for Santa 

 
Sure hope Santa likes sprinkles .....

 
 
After the cookies were placed by the fireplace everyone went to bed. Surprisingly everyone laid down without a peep. That NEVER happens. Guess the talk about how Santa doesn't come unless you are asleep worked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment