Friday, July 15, 2011

Fathers Day Art Project

For Father's Day I decided I wanted to make something for Waylon that was "memorable". Well I definitely got what I was hoping for! I found a kit to create a stepping stone for the garden and thought it would be super cute for Madison to put a hand and foot print on it. So we loaded up and headed to grandma's for a little assistance. While Madison was asleep, we mixed the cement and poured into the mold. After this step you had to wait an hour before adding anything else. So when she woke up the mold was ready for her artwork. Everything started out beautifully.......




She was enjoying mommy's little project
Then came time for the footprint. There are no pictures for this as it took two of us to wrestle this 22 lb one year old to get her foot in the mold. We got it in, and she started curling and smashing her toes, disaster!! And then the screaming began. It was as if we put her foot into a pot of molten lava. I quickly decided a foot wasn't going to happen so I moved onto the hands. I fixed the mold, got ready to stick a hand in, and the screaming began again, this time to the point of choking herself. I was bound and determined to get these hand prints done, so I went as fast as possible.
If you look closely you can see the snot that was created from all the screaming!

About 10 min later we walked back by our lovely creation, she started crying again! I was beginning to wonder if I had terrified my child for life! The result wasn't 100% what I had envisioned, but the memories I have from creating it will never be forgotten!

1 comment: