Monday, May 23, 2011

90 years young!

This year grandma turned 90! What a milestone! Mom and I had planned a surprise party for the day after her birthday. After the fact, we should have had the party on her actual birthday because we ended up have 2 birthday parties. First on her birthday, Mom, Tammy, Madison and I took her to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We had balloons, presents, cake, pretty much the whole works. Then Saturday she was supposed to go to dinner with Mary and Bob and they decided to "stop" by the house so they could see Madison for a bit. When she walked into the living room, we did the customary jump out and SURPRISE!! I think she was totally surprised. The night was so fun. We had dinner, cake and played a Grandma trivia game, where the lucky winner got an 8x10 photo of the birthday girl! It was awesome to spend the evening with the entire family and celebrate such a special event!

 I ordered personalized M&M's complete with a photo of grandma. Some thought it was a little strange, I thought it was fun! Who else can say they were on a M&M??!


 I am pretty sure this is a look of surprise!


 Game time!
 The whole crew! (we were missing two, sorry Alex and Katie, maybe I will photoshop you in later)

 The three kids. Martha, John and Mary

 Mary's Family
 John's Family
 Martha's family
 Grandkids and one great Grandchild

 I think she was enjoying the birthday song


What a fun birthday! Can't wait to celebrate 91!

No comments:

Post a Comment