Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Egg Drop!

For a few years now, in the park behind our house, a church in the community hosts an Easter Egg "Drop". The "drop" is referring to thousands of eggs being dropped onto a field from a helicopter! For the past few years I have only got to enjoy this creative Easter festivity from my back porch (thought it might be a little creepy to show up without a kid). So this year I was excited for Madison to participate. Well it was a cold, rainy, blah kind of day, but I didn't care, we were going to have FUN! We loaded up the stroller, and headed to the park. There were several fields set up for the various age groups. I was a little concerned because little miss is not walking and I wasn't exactly sure how she was going to participate, but she was an expert egg hunter. She just crawled to the eggs, no need to walk! I would say first Easter Egg hunt = SUCCESS!!

Grandpa giving Madison a pep talk before the big hunt
A look at the field
  


 Here come the helicopter

 I must say it was a little scary when the helicopter was directly overhead


 Can you see the little one crawling to the eggs....

 Had to fight off a few kids
 Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment