Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Six months: a letter

Dear Morgan,

You are 6 months old!
Half a year. HOW IS THIS possible. Time is flying. You are growing so much and are developing the cutest personality. You are the happiest baby around and you just make everyone smile. I wouldn't say we have fully adjusted to being a family of 5 but we are getting closer. You make it easy!



Here are some highlights from your six months:

Growth -
- You weigh  16lbs and  are 27.5 inches tall, and your head is still in the 99%! I will give that credit to your dad.
- You are still in 6 month clothes, but your feet in your jammies are a bit squished, I will need to go and get you the next size soon!
- You have been wearing size 3 diapers for a while now, found out the hard way you needed to move up, can we say explosion!!!
- You have some rolls but are pretty evenly proportioned. again perfect :)
- Over the last month you have learned to sit up a little better, not great and I must always be close by. Still no turning over. You are getting close!


- You love jumping in your jumper toy, you make so much noise and just laugh and laugh.

Eating-
- You are still eating about every three hours, six times a day. You have a dream feeding between 9-10 at night and sometimes I have to wake you up at 9 am. I think its time to drop the dream feeding but hey, why mess with a good thing!
- I have been holding off on giving you food, after the terrible experience we had with your brother I am scared! Plus, we were headed to the beach and I didn't want to throw another variable into the mix. Traveling was going to be rough enough!

Sleeping-
- You sleep through the night no problem.
- Some days you take lots of little naps and some days you take two huge ones. Just depends on what we are doing that day.
- You take naps in your swing, probably should work on transitioning you to your bed .... one step at a time.
- About an hour after you get up (sometimes 45 min) you want to go back to sleep, and if we have time you will sleep for two hours, after sleeping 12 hours at night!

Activities-
- We got to visit our favorite family ENT and he confirmed you would need tubes and two days later we were at the hospital. You were a trooper. I heard you crying when they were done but as soon as I got to pick you up and nurse you, you were back to your joyful self. And the crying in the car stopped almost immediately after the tubes...... Maybe it was the tubes, maybe you grew up, I don't care I was glad it stopped!



- I got to celebrate mothers day being a mom of 5!
- Your brother and sister insisted we play dress-up and for you to be included. They love you so much!

- We went to your first outdoor concert with your GaGa's favorite band :)
- Then we loaded up and headed to the beach! I was soooo scared for the car ride, but you were a trooper! There was minimal crying and you just seemed happy to be along for the trip.
- You were not so sure about the beach at first, or the hotel or the pool. But after the first two days we got into a routine and you had lots of fun! You even got to go crab hunting. Which apparently is very soothing and knocked you right out!


 

- I think I might have a problem buying baby swimming suits because you had one for every day! OH well they are too cute! I cant wait to see what the beach brings next year!



















Morgan - you are growing too fast! You are starting to develop the cutest personality and you make everyone around you smile. I love you to the moon and back!
Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment