Sunday, September 25, 2011

Daddy Daycare

On Labor Day, Amy and I had to work. Waylon offered to watch the girls and even took them to the zoo! Here is his version of what happened throughout the day and the various pictures he was able to take:
Well - so Melissa wanted me to write about my day with Maddy and Addy and our trip to the zoo.   I figured she or Amy would have just typed something up, had me proof read it and then like magic it would be there - Guess not
Melissa and Amy were going into work on Monday, Tim was playing golf; so they asked if I would babysit and I figured at the very least it would make the morning interesting.   Addy is super easy and Madison always seems to happier when there is another kid around - we had a lot of fun - but I was exhausted by noon.  Who knew 2 kids could be so much more work?  

The Zoo - 2 girls - 1 Wagon - Thank the Lord for straps to keep them in and more importantly - for Animal Crackers.  I think I went through an entire bag pulling them around the zoo.  We got there when the doors opened - lucky for us because I think every parent in town went to the Zoo that day a few hours later.   We only got out of the wagon a couple of times - The Monkeys - The Penguins - the Car :)  We were in and out in about an hour.  

Lunch - We went with Ravioli - not the best decision I have ever made.  1 kid ='s messy   2 kids ='s real messy.   A couple of wet wash clothes later - and it was on to playing. 
We made a fort with a few blankets and had races, which was fun - but the girls figured out they could jump on top of the blanket - so that was the end of Fort Maddy Addy

Where did they Go? - So I sat down because they were pulling each other around in the wagon and thought - "Let the girls play for a few minutes"  Addy pulled Maddy in the kitchen and then after a few minutes I realized - I don't hear anything.  I go into the dining room and good ole Addy has taught Madison to climb on the chairs and to try and get on the table.  The looks on their faces when I caught them was hilarious. 

All in all - we had a really good time - I was super tired, but would do it again in a heartbeat. 
  



On their way into the dining room for some chair climbing fun



Ready to go!




I think they were looking at an Arctic fox


I started just throwing the Animal Crackers in the wagon and letting them fend for themselves :)

Fort Maddy Addy

1 comment:

  1. I love that you had Waylon tell the story instead of retelling it! So funny. Good job Waylon!

    ReplyDelete